What is Dermaplaning?
Dermaplaning is a treatment that uses a tool to gently exfoliate the outer layer of dead skin cells and remove fine facial hair commonly known as “peach fuzz”. It can be used as an alternative to laser treatments and microdermabrasion or along with them for an enhanced result. This treatment will give your skin a more radiant appearance. Following the treatment, makeup application is smoother and other skincare products are able to penetrate deeper in turn making them more effective.
How does it work?
The treatment is performed using a tool to gently exfoliate dead skin cells which removes the vellus hair, commonly known as “peach fuzz”, which can trap excess dirt and oil. Skin will instantly be smoother in appearance. Hair will not grow back coarser or darker, it will grow back at the same rate and texture as before the treatment.
- Minimizes the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Increases the skin’s ability to absorb products better
- Reduces the appearance of hyper-pigmentation
- Stimulates circulation
- Encourages normal shedding (desquamation) of the stratum corneum
- Improves hydration
- Can be used in combination with chemical peels, meso therapy, micro current and other facial treatments